Building approvals “crash”

NT building approvals have “crashed” in November last year, the latest statistics available, says Shadow Minister for Construction, Adam Giles (pictured).
There were only nine approvals outside Darwin, half of the 17 in the same month the year before.
Mr Giles says only 38 dwelling units were approved across the Territory in November 2011, down from 65 for the same time the year before and 146 in October 2011.
He says the Government’s Build Bonus scheme was supposed to have delivered an extra 350 or so properties by the end of November, but the actual figure was 19, prompting the Government into an embarrassing relaunch.

Be Sociable, Share!

A new way to support our journalism

We do not have a paywall. If you support our independent journalism you can make a financial contribution by clicking the red button below. This will help us cover expenses and sustain the news service we’ve been providing since 1994, in a locally owned and operated medium.

Erwin Chlanda, Editor


One Comment (starting with the most recent)

NB: If you want to reply to a previous comment, start your comment with this notation: @n where n is the number of the comment you want to reply to.
  1. Bev
    Posted January 18, 2012 at 9:39 am

    Wonder how true this is – I heard somewhere that people who are stopping the release of land in Alice are the same ones whose house values will fall if the land is released. Maybe it should be checked for conflict of interest issues.

    View Comment

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*