Let’s have a local Masters Games, says Gerry Wood

LETTER TO THE EDITOR

 

Sir – Why not a local NT Masters in Alice?

 

I am disappointed by the government’s decision to cancel the Master’s Games this year.

 

In light of the fact we don’t have any Corona Virus surely a local NT Master’s competition would still be a goer.

 

It could be run by the various sporting groups in Alice Springs and to reduce costs no medals awarded just running or playing to celebrate what we love.

 

If 42% of participants normally come from interstate then surely we can have a local Masters for the other 58%.

 

As well it would help the local tourist industry and those driving into Alice would help those places on the way, after all every little bit helps.

 

He says if there are any interstaters who want to come they still have to do quarantine and usually if you are fit enough to do the Master’s you are pretty healthy.

 

So come on, give it a go, I’ll be two years older by 2022 and I can’t have all my training go to waste by then.

 

Gerry Wood

Independent Member for Nelson

 

 

 

Be Sociable, Share!

A new way to support our journalism

We do not have a paywall. If you support our independent journalism you can make a financial contribution by clicking the red button below. This will help us cover expenses and sustain the news service we’ve been providing since 1994, in a locally owned and operated medium.

Erwin Chlanda, Editor


2 Comments (starting with the most recent)

NB: If you want to reply to a previous comment, start your comment with this notation: @n where n is the number of the comment you want to reply to.
  1. James
    Posted June 12, 2020 at 1:27 pm

    Good on you, Gerry.

    View Comment
  2. Michael Dean
    Posted June 9, 2020 at 8:02 pm

    This is on a different tangent I accept, but I was thinking about any new events we could get going.
    Indulge me, a rally or journey of Rolls Royce vehicles, from Adelaide to Darwin via Alice Springs.
    The coverage could be incredible for the NT, and the footage of new and old Royces travelling the outback highways would be great footage for the NT.
    I’m only assuming, but there could be interest and it might require government help, but just a thought.

    View Comment

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*